Contemporary Calgary LOOK2015
A Party Not To Be Missed
On November 7th 2015, Calgary’s most exciting fundraiser party for contemporary art gallery, LOOK2015 by Contemporary Calgary, will take place in the soon-to-be-transformed Centennial Planetarium. Presented by Holt Renfrew, Calgary Herald, City of Calgary and Enbridge, this 2nd annual event will continue to help support Contemporary Calgary’s major mission to elevate Calgary’s artistic presence on national and international stages.
Since last year’s event, I am really thrilled to explore the Centennial Planetarium space again, both updated and in progress sections. Guests are in for a surprise what the LOOK2015 team has prepared for us. Be expected to see visually stimulating art installations and pop up creations, and feel inspired by the diversity of Canadian arts and cultures. There’s an amazing line-up this year including writer and The New Yorker contributor Adam Gopnik who will be speaking at the VIP reception, Dan Levy as the MC of the evening, unique live art presentation by Tia Halliday, exhilarating music performance by Canadian music duo HUMANS and more.
There are some spectacular artworks by more than forty Canadian artists at the live and silent auctions, including Chris Cran, Kim Dorland, Shawn Evans, Fiona Ackerman, Evan Penny, Angela Leach, and Dianne Bos. In addition to outstanding works of art, the auctions will feature experiences including trips, a $10,000 shopping spree, and more. Bidding for select auction items is now open online at LOOK2015AUCTION.COM. Auction items will be added leading up to the event. Online bidding continues until event night on November 7th.
What shall you wear some may ask – The dress code is simply cocktail chic, but don’t be afraid to shine your personality and be creative. It is an art party afterall.
Different tiers of tickets are available, including a discounted rate for anyone who’s under 35:
Premium Tickets / $250*
- EXPLORE the Centennial Planetarium as you've never experienced it before: in progress and dressed to the nines.
- FIND something you love at Canada's biggest contemporary live and silent art auction.
- CATCH a glimpse of the best in arts & culture, including interactive art installations and pop up creations.
- SEE and be seen at the party of the year.
Under Age 35 Tickets / $95*
Under Age 35 ticket holders enjoy Premium Ticket benefits at a discounted rate.
- See and be seen at the party of the year in a venue none of us can forget.
- Access incredible contemporary art for a fraction of the cost at exciting live and silent auctions.
- Very Limited Quantities. ID required upon check in.
VIP Tickets / $500*
In addition to Premium access, VIP ticket holders receive a fabulous pre-event VIP reception, beginning at 6 PM, complete with food, drinks, and inspiration.
- VIP ticket holders will be treated to an exclusive presentation by Adam Gopnik, one of the most prolific cultural writers of our time.
- Limited Quantities.
*The maximum allowable tax receipt according to CRA guidelines will be provided.
Be bold, be creative and be a part of the community that advocates transforming Calgary into an art and cultural centre to the rest of the world. See you all soon at LOOK2015! xx
Addition read on the upcoming LOOK2015 via Calgary Herald article HERE.
Do the things you love with passion; Learn from those you admire; Strive to become an expert at what you do xx
Binzento Vincente: A Fashion & Lifestyle Blog